The magic of Christmas is all set to sweep across Chester city centre as the FREE family friendly 'Chester Kidsmas' festival returns for 2016.
All activities are FREE as part of #ChesterKidsmas brought to you courtesy of CH1ChesterBID representing Chester's city centre businesses.
50 Northgate Street
18th November - 24th December. Thursdays 4-8pm, Fridays 10am-1pm, Saturdays 10.30am-4pm and Sundays 11am-3pm.
With the help of Santa's friendly elves, children are invited to write their Christmas wish list, join in with festive crafts and colouring activities, and even meet Santa himself, who will be making special appearances! Chester's very own elves, ChELFie and Elfie, will also be popping in and out while on their city centre walkabouts.
Cost: FREE - donations for craft activities will go to Claire House Children's Hospice.
Check out the craft activity schedule here.
FREE: Santa Stops in Chester City Centre
The big guy himself will be weaving a festive trail through Chester. There will be Meet & Greets and Story Time sessions in-stores and across the city centre, bringing cheer to the young and young at heart.
Story Time and Meet & Greet with Santa are FREE to attend, although donations are kindly accepted for the benefit of Claire House Children's Hospice.
- Saturday 19th November: Santa's Story Time at Santa's Workshop. 10.30am - 4.30pm. Book here
- Saturday 26th November: Santa's Story Time at Santa's Workshop. 10.30am - 4.30pm. Book here
- Thursday 1st December: Santa Meet & Greet at Primark, Foregate Street. 2.00pm - 6.00pm. Drop in
- Saturday 3rd December: Santa's Story Time at Santa's Workshop. 10.30am - 4.30pm. Book here
- Sunday 4th December: Santa Meet & Greet at The Forum Shopping Centre. 11.00am - 5.00pm. Drop in
- Saturday 10th December: Santa's Story Time at Santa's Workshop. 10.30am - 12.30pm. Book here
- Saturday 10th December: Santa Meet & Greet at White Stuff, St Werburgh Street. 1.00pm - 2.30pm. Drop in
- Saturday 10th December: Santa Meet & Greet at Nailista, Bridge Street. 3.00pm - 4.00pm. Drop in
- Thursday 15th December: Santa Meet & Greet at Marks & Spencer, Foregate Street. 2.00pm - 6.00pm. Drop in
- Saturday 17th December: Santa's Story Time at Santa's Workshop. 10.30am - 4.30pm. Book here
For Santa’s Story Time all children must be accompanied by an adult, strictly only one parent per child. Tickets must be shown on arrival (paper or electronic on device). Tickets need to be booked for children only. For example: 1 adult bringing 3 kids only needs to book 3 tickets. Story Time is a group activity and not a personal one on one meet and greet with Santa. Please allow 30 minutes.
FREE: Chester’s Christmas Voices Music Festival
These exciting 2-hour festivals of festive singing will include a series of pop-up performances across the city centre by choirs of all generations.
The event will culminate with a mass sing-a-long on Eastgate Street, featuring the Chester Heritage Bus and a specially created Christmas Music Medley lead by Matt Baker from Theatre in the Quarter.
Thursday 24th November, 6-8pm:
6.00pm – Unique opening of the gates ceremony under the Eastgate Clock 6.15-7.25pm Choir performances ongoing at 5 locations: Chester Cathedral Gardens, The Cross, Northgate St Row South, Bridge Street and Eastgate Street. 7.30-8.00pm Christmas medley and Singalong on Eastgate Street featuring the Heritage Bus and light projections.
Thursday 1st December, 4-6pm
4.00-5.15pm Choir performances ongoing across 5 locations: Chester Cathedral Gardens, The Cross, Northgate St Row South, Bridge Street and Eastgate Street. 5.20-6.00pm Christmas medley and Singalong on Eastgate Street featuring the Heritage Bus and light projections.
FREE: Star TREK across Chester city centre
Christmas Stars filled with festive images can be found in shops and cafes across Chester city centre. Visitors and shoppers are invited to embark on a festive Trek across the city and spot the image which is the odd one out to WIN some fantastic prizes.
FREE: Film Screenings at the Grosvenor Museum
Bring your little ones for Christmas film screenings at the Grosvenor Museum, running from Sunday 27th November – Thursday 22nd December.
- Frozen Sing A Long: Saturday 17th December at 11am (book here)
- Happy Feet: Sunday 4th December at 2pm (book here) and Tuesday 20th December at 11am (book here)
- Polar Express: Saturday 10th December at 11am (book here)
ChELFie, ELFie and Elf Companions
Every weekend from 19th November, meet and greet Chester’s very own character elves, ChELFie and ELFie, who return to the city centre. They will be joined by their merry group of elves as they walk about the city centre and make appearances in stores.
ChELFie and ELFie are also giving away special holographic glasses that miraculously transform ordinary Christmas lights into magical images of elves, stars, Santa or even a surprise!
CheSTAR at Chester Cathedral
A giant sparkling Christmas star standing 23ft high and 23ft wide will be lighting up Chester city centre this festive season as part of CH1ChesterBID's annual Christmas celebrations.
Named the ‘CheSTAR’, the show-stopping city decoration features more than 1,500 twinkling lights and over 1,200ft of LED rope light and has been handcrafted especially for Chester.
CheSTAR will be on display in the Cathedral grounds on St Werburgh Street from 10am until midnight every day from 18th November 2016 to 6th January 2017.